Friday, August 04, 2017

Cam Withdrawal

Who else is suffering from "cam withdrawal?!"  Here is a picture of my workstation today (sorry for the clutter):
For the first time in 20 years I don't have the cams running on my desktop.  I know there are a ton of ardent fans out there who watch the cams religiously.  Me too - every single working day I'm in the office--all months of the year--the first thing I do in the morning when I fire up my computer is pull up the cams on an alternate screen so I can monitor the ledge out of the corner of my eye while I work on all of the other duties I'm tasked with.  I know doing without right now is difficult for fans but it is for me, too.  It is very strange for me to not have them running.

Just because we don't have a live streaming eye on the nest ledge does not mean that the peregrines change up what they are doing.  Cams or no cams - it is all the same to them.  No camera view of the nest also does not mean that we won't continue to get reports of the peregrines.  Thanks to David Sites who sent me this photo of one of the juvenile peregrines that chose to perch on the 28th floor of the William Green Building.  This location is a couple of blocks north of the Rhodes Tower. The falcon was seen on July 19.
For those that might have missed it, here is a link to a post about the Rhodes Tower Modernization and its impacts the Columbus peregrines.